Join us—Why? Simple, NO ONE Does What We Do! - Full Membership for Authorpreneurs
Thank you for considering membership in Texas Association of Authors (TxAuthors), a not for profit organization that is dedicated to supporting and marketing Texas Authors and their books.
TxAuthors was created in the summer of 2011 and continues to grow stronger every year.
In 2016, we estimated our in-person outreach to 30,000 people, in addition to our Social Media following of over 25,000 people, to be a great value and resource in helping you get the word out about you and your book(s).
With each year, we continue to increase our outreach not only within the state, but around the world. This alone is worth the membership price!
The only requirement for membership is one of the following items:
1 - You live in Texas and are a published author or
2 - Your heart is in Texas and you are a published author.
Below is everything that is included in our regular membership.
Plus, notice of new and exciting events that we create to help you market and sell your books.
· Listing and ability to sell your book(s) on our bookstore website http://IndieLector.Store (Opening June 1, 2019)
· Participation in the DEAR Texas event - listed on the website http://DearTexas.info
· Dear Texas Radio Interview - No Less the 2 times in a calendar year. Show is recorded live and then distributed as a Podcast on several channels.
· Listing on the Texas Authors Institute of History website with opportunity to sell your book.
· Having your book(s) available for sale in our Pop-Up traveling bookstore. (In 2017 we did 22 events across the state of Texas)
· Access to the Members Only section of this website that has articles, links and connections to a variety of items and people to help you grow in marketing and selling your books.
· Major discounts to events and programs sponsored by TxAuthors, which includes our annual book contest, short story contest, Authors Marketing (http://Authors.Marketing) event and other programs.
· Texas Authors Point System (TAPS) a way to earn value on services used and books sold through our book store. Saving you money and improve your marketing.
· Access to Book Festival events at extremely low discounts
· Assistance in videotaping a book reading or interview for use on YouTube
· Listing on our YouTube channels
· Printing discounts for marketing materials by a Texas printer
· Weekly email newsletters with the latest information about TxAuthors and informative articles to help you succeed
· Use of eBook Download Card system to sell Mobi & ePub books yourself and make more money.
· Monthly tweets on 30 social media sites to over 35,000 followers and growing by 100 followers per week
All of the above services are included in your membership. Individually, you could spend up to $1,500 per year or more. The cost of these services and more, is only $125 for your first-year membership. We do offer payment plans.
TxAuthors is designed to help YOU save money and time, while gaining exposure, which equates to the opportunity for more book sales.
Termination of Membership:
1 - Termination of membership may be done at any time at the discretion of the Director as they feel is necessary due to the member violating rules and policies or endanger the profitability of the organization. At time of termination of membership, the Director will supply a letter to the terminated member as to the reason for termination.
2 – Upon termination of membership, or failure to renew membership which will be considered as termination of membership, the member has 30 days from the time the membership is terminated to request return of any books in our system, that were supplied by the author. On the 31st day following termination of membership, the books, if any, will be donated to the Texas Authors Institute of History for their collection and use as they determine. Any funds owed to the author member for sales of books prior to termination of membership will be sent within 90 days of termination of membership. – Add that the author has 30 days from termination to renew their membership, otherwise the membership is fully terminated.
This brochure and information contained within is subject to change without notice. (Last Updated 010818)